Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thankful Thursday

Today, I am so thankful for the Word of God. This has been a week of hope for me! Although I have been walking with the Lord for a number of years, His Word never fails to speak to me afresh. His Word truly is a "discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." (Hebrews 4:12) The past several days, the Lord has been convicting me through His Word, and illuminating areas in my heart that He desires to change. Although with the conviction comes pain, God also brings hope, healing and change, that I might become more like Him, and for that I'm truly grateful.

I'm thankful to be living in a country where we are free to the Bible any hour of any day.

I'm thankful for my sweet husband, who always has the courage to lead our family towards the purposes of God, even though at times those plans may mean taking a road different than the norm.

I'm thankful for my four wonderful children, and how they each, in their own unique ways, remind me what child-like faith is all about.

I'm thankful for the wondeful women friends the Lord has brought into my life. They help spur me on to become all that the Lord has made me to be!

I am grateful for and humbled by His presence, His goodness, and His kindness toward us!

3 comments:

Lori said...

I to am humbled by his goodness towards me, especially when I know I don't deserve it. Being free to read my bible is a biggie also.

Thank for your participating, I enjoyed reading this list. Have a wonderful day.

Unknown said...

This is a beautiful praise for TT.

I always love reading about husbands. Thank you for sharing your heart.

http://unequalmarriage.typepad.com/

Cheryl said...

You have a wonderful TT list. It feels really good to be so thankful and to be able to share it with others. Have a nice weekend! God Bless!